Thursday, February 8, 2007

Goals & Commitments to Myself and the group

Good Morning Ladies,

After much avoidance, consultation, thought and general loathing…. I have made the decision.

I will be a new man come the end of the year!


Goals:

Physical- I will be under 300 lbs., loss of minimum of 106 lbs.

Financial- Debt Free by 2008(approx. 15k in debt.)

Spiritual- Self devel0pement CDs in the car/no radio

(Outside of Veggie Tales)

Reading 15 min when I get up and go to bed

  • With spiritual the only way I could measure it, any ideas?
  • My rules for goals: achievable, Make you grow, measurable and public.

Game Plan:

Eating Style: Combination Body for Life &Weigh down Workshop

The basics of both consist of: 6 meals a day, Portions no larger than my fist, listening to body when full stop, when hungry eat, focus on lean healthy foods, 7th day is a free day as far as type of food restrictions, maximum of 2 power bars/shake a day, minimum of a gallon of water (focus wght/2= H2O oz, portion meals right after I make them for the week,

Exercise Style: Work out 6 days a week minimum, rotating between cardio and weights*, minimum of 20 min cardio, three 12 week intervals with two weeks of change for body,Yoga with Leila Fridays

Supplements: One aspirin, one multi vitamin(GNC Mega Men), 1 niacin(500mg), 4 Omega 3 (fish oil), Fiber supplement… All of these are based on needs and family history (via Becky Gray)

Abstaining From: alcohol**, pop, compulsion foods (cheese, bread, crème cookies, pudding),

*** Areas of Concerns: binge eating, eating to fill a need, habit of finishing food, short term thinking, refocus after a failure,

Affirmations: spoken (mirror, shower, anytime I am doing routines), visual (mirrors, posters, dream boards), surroundings (motivational/educational cds & books, Controlled TV****, positive people), dating website, Local support group

Journaling: all food & liquid consumption during 12 week portions, all exercising, my starting stats, ending stats after each 12 weeks, any challenges I have,

12 week start dates: 2/12/07, 5/28/07, and 9/3/07

* Will do non weight exercise until, I have gym membership

** Exception in very limited quantities- red wine

*** Will exercise, drink water, or change what I am doing at these times

**** No traditional TV, educational programs, occasional movie (preferable motivational), and of course Sesame Street, veggies …

1 comment:

Barb said...

Excellent! I am in awe of your determination and motivation! You ARE going to do this and I'm so happy to be a part of the journey!

One suggestion...As a part of your areas of concern...Don't forget you can always call a friend to redirect yourself. Hint, hint...I still have a long drive home. :)

Keep up the great work!